Saturday 3 March 2012

TOP 10 book confessions 3rd March 2012

So here we are day three of TOP 10 book confessions. Today we have YA author Suzzanne Van Rooven.


Hello,
Here are my top 10 book confessions, in no particular order.

When I first read The Lord of the Rings, I kept skipping to scenes with Legolas in them.

It was a book called The Circle and The Cross by Caisel Mor that made me want to be a writer. I had such an author crush, I even sent an email to him, and he actually responded!

Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite is the first and only book I've ever read and then immediately reread. Loved it. I've since read it at least once a year.

Biggest book character crush? Definitely Ghost from Lost Souls. I'd wish they'd turn it into a movie.

For two years I spent all my pocket money collecting The Sandman graphic novel series by Neil Gaiman. I have never and will never lend them anyone, not even to my closest friends. Most volumes are still in their plastic sleeves on my shelf. They're precious.

I read the complete Twilight series in 10 days and actually enjoyed it (at the time while engrossed) - something I will vehemently deny if ever asked. I think temporary insanity is the only explanation for it.

If I discover a movie is based on a book after seeing the movie, I feel cheated. I'm a little obsessive, preferring to read the book before seeing the film adaptation.

Although I absolutely loved the novel Stardust by Neil Gaiman (who is my favourite author by far), I actually think the movie was better.

The Sandman dust covers by Dave McKean are by far some of my favourite book covers. I also really like the consistency of style with the covers for Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series.

As a little girl, I loved Gary Paulsen's books even though they're 'boy' books. Major tween crush on Brian Robeson and Brennan Cole.


A big big thank you to Suzanne for taking part. Please go check out her bolg and facebook page!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suzanne-van-Rooyen/304965232847874

http://suzannevanrooyen.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment